Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Makeup Tutorial

Hello everybodyy! Today I decided to do my very first makeup tutorial! This looks will be perfect for spring and summer, and will look great with all skin tones. I used both high end and drugstore makeup. For the eyes I used my Naked 3 palette, which I love so very much. I'm going to go step by step how I achieved this look, so let's get started! 
For foundation I used my Makeup Forever HD foundation in N115, mixed with my L'oreal Lumi foundation in C3. I applied this with a flat top kabuki brush. Then I used Benefits Stay Don't Stray eye primer in the shade light/medium on my eyelids, and a tiny bit under the eye for concealer. Then for blush I used a baked blush by Milani, in the shade Dolce Pink, and I applied it with a blush brush from Real Techniques. 
                          
Once that was all blended in I used my E.L.F eyebrow kit with a small angled brush to draw on my brows. I do use the powder, and the cream part of the kit. I put the powder on the part where my eyebrow hair is, then to shape them I use the cream part of the kit. 
                          
Next up is eyes! Like I said I used my Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay for this look. I started off by putting the shade Nooner all over the lid. Then taking the shade Dust and tapping it closer to the inner corner of my eye and then sweeping it out. Then I took the shade Buzz and lightly dusted it all over the lid blending the other shades nicely together. After that was all blended out I took the shade Mugshot on a fluffy brush and blended it into my crease and up a little bit on the lid, creating a subtle kind of smokey eye. Once that was all blended out I took a little bit of Darkside on a pencil brush and smudged it under my lower lash line. 

                         
For eyeliner I just used a Rimmel black liner and lined my eyes, just to give them a little more pop. I curled my lashes and used Benefit's They're Real, which really is an amazing mascara. I love it.  

                         
For lips I used a Sephora Rouge Cream lipstick in the shade Miss. Then I applied a little bit of E.L.F Natural Nymph over it to make it a little bit more subtle.

                         


And there ya go! The finished product. I think this eye makeup is so versatile. It could be worn as a daytime look. Or you could dress it up for nighttime with some winged eyeliner if you're feeling a bit sassy.

 I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any good ideas for looks with the Naked 3 palette I would love to hear about them down in the comments. Also, if you like this tutorial and would like me to do them more often, let me know! Thanks for reading, Enjoy! Until next time,

XOXO
Kassi

4 comments: