Sunday, March 23, 2014

Makeup Brushes: Must Haves


Hello Everyone! Today I wanted to share with you my must have makeup brushes. There are a lot of people who are just getting started with makeup, and don't know which brushes they will actually need. There are so many different brushes in the market, and some are quite expensive. So, here are my makeup brushes must haves! 


Face Brushes:
Real Techniques Blush Brush
Real Techniques Powder Brush
Flat Top Kabuki Brush

Real Technique brushes are amazing. They are a great price, and they are pretty high quality brushes. I swear by these brushes, I honestly feel like they turn drugstore products into high end. The blush brush is perfect for blush, it goes on so smoothly and evenly, and makes the blush perfectly pigmented. The powder brush is just amazing. Its so big, so fluffy, so luxurious. Just amazing. You need it!

I'm just going to start off by saying that, if you wear foundation you need this in your life. There are tons of different brands that have flat top kabuki brushes. Sigma is a very popular brand but they're quite expensive in my opinion. I found this brush on Amazon, it came in a set with 4 or 5 different face brushes for less than $20. I loooooove this brush. It honestly puts your foundation on flawlessly, it's easy to clean it's just an amazing brush and everyone needs one!


Eye Brushes:
Blending Brush
Shany Cosmetics All Over the Lid Brush
Real Techniques Small Angled Brow Brush
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush


I can't seem to remember what brand this brush is, but I do know it is from the drugstore, which means it's probably under $10. This blending brush is great. Everyone needs a blending brush in their life, it is essential!

This all over the lid brush is from Shany Cosmetics, I got it in a pretty large set from Amazon. These brushes are pretty cheap, in price and in quality. I wouldn't really recommend them. But just remember that this type of brush is essential.

Oh Real Techniques, you've done it again. Amazed me with the quality of your brushes. Small angled brushes are perfect for sculpting brows, making a black or dark brown shadow into a liner, top or bottom lash line. They're just great brushes to have. 

This is the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. Once again, amazing and a must have. It's the perfect size for applying shadow all over the lid, and in the crease, also for highlighting the brow bone. Just amazing.

I would recommend Real Techniques brushes to everyone, if you're just starting out or if you've been doing makeup for years. One of the things I love about Real Techniques is they have really great starter kits, for face and eyes. They each come with 4 different brushes and a carrying case. If you buy these kits you will be set. 

If you have any questions about makeup brushes let me know, and I will do my best to answer! Let me know if you guys would be interested in seeing a "must have" for makeup or anything else. **Just to clarify, this post was not sponsored. I have purchased all these brushes with my own money.**
Until next time,

XO
Kassi


4 comments:

  1. We've always wanted to try Sigma brushes because we've heard so many people rave on about them, but like you said, they can be pretty pricey. We're glad to see that you found the flat kabuki brush for such an amazing price, we'll have to check it out! Would you happen to have a link for the Amazon brushes?

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BX7DGIC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A286XZFZR289GE
      Here is the link. Let me know if that works! They are really great brushes. You won't be disappointed! :)

      XO
      Kassi

      Delete
  2. Ah that flat top kabuki looks amazing. I don't have a brush like that and I really feel like I'm missing out on something fantastic.

    beckyisobel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are missing out! I would 100% recommend getting it! I posted the link in the comment above to where you can buy it!

      XO
      Kassi

      Delete