Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Delicious & Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe

 Hello Everybody!! Today I wanted to share another one of my all time favorite recipes. It's really hard for some people to get all of their fruits and vegetables that they need everyday. Green smoothies are a perfect way to get both fruits and vegetables! This recipe is also great because you can pretty much whatever you want. So this is my all time fave green smoothie that I drink everyday! Let's get started!

For this smoothie you will need:

1/4 Cup Frozen Strawberries
1/4 Cup Frozen Peaches
1 Whole Fresh or Frozen Banana 
1 Generous Handful of Baby Spinach
1 Bottle of Actimel (this is optional, I just like to add this because it helps with my digestion)
About 1/4 Cup Water or Juice


Once you've got all your ingredients out you can put them in your blender. Now the blender that I have also comes with single serving cups, since i'm only making a smoothie for myself that's what I used. You can layer this in pretty much any way that you want. What I typically do is cut the banana into chunks and put that in the bottom. Then I put in the strawberries and the peaches, and pour the Actimel over the fruit. Then I put in the spinach, and add your water. Then blend, blend, blend. 


You will be left with something like this. Amazing green goodness. The banana makes it so creamy and delicious, and you seriously cannot taste the spinach at all! So yummy, and healthy! Doesn't get much better than that. Get yourself a straw and your good to go!


Now, if you are out of some of the ingredients or don't like some of them there are a ton of options to make this. You can use mangos, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, grapes, whatever you like! I also sometimes add kale in there, but it does make it not as creamy. You can also use any type of juice, one of my favorites is orange juice. Another good alternative to just water is also coconut water.

I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know down in the comments some of your favorite smoothie recipes! And if you do try out this recipe let me know if you liked it! Until next time,

XOXO
Kassi

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about making more smoothies (you know, the healthy kind) and I think your little recipe will be the first I try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good I'll try it !

    ReplyDelete