Monday, October 14, 2013

Vacation in Barcelona!

My husband and I went to Barcelona a few weeks ago, and it was amazing! It was our first time in Spain and we loved it! I have seriously never seen so many beautiful people in one place all at once. It was a beautiful, clean, and modern city! We stayed in a hotel right next to Placa Espanya which was so very conveniently located right next to the subway and all bus stops. We rode the subway everywhere (Fun Fact- it was my first time riding a subway!). We were there for 3 days and we bought the 10 rides pass I can't remember how much it was but I believe it was under 15 euro, and it was perfect. We did walk a lot but that was okay for us, especially because of all the food we ate while we were there!

If you are traveling to Barcelona make sure you go to the La Boqueria market. It is amazing and I wish I could just live in it. It is kind of hard to explain what it's like and do it justice, but its basically like a bunch of food vendors with legit setups... Does that make sense? I loved all of the fresh fruit and fruit juices the had, and I loved that they had a vendor who sold all Organic food! 

Another place we went to was the Barcelona Aquarium. It was super fun (especially if you're traveling with children) and it was only 20 euro to get in and see everything. They had basically every kind of fish, sharks, and my favorite..... PENGUINS! I don't know why but penguins are just so cute and weird looking, I just love them. :)
 

Okay so after you stuff your face at the La Boqueria market and the go stand on the moving sidewalks in the aquarium and see the cute little penguins, go to the Park Guell. Some of the coolest pictures I took on our trip were from this park. Its a bit of a hike to get to but its so worth it (you can take a taxi if you want). They have a bunch of different structures to look at and the park is huge. I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking and showing...? I don't know.

   

So then of course you have to hit the famous and super touristy spots like the Sagrada Familia and La Ramblas. And don't forget to go to the beach! We went and just walked around because we didn't bring bathing suits (OOPS!), but it was really nice. (Beware of topless women on the beach.) ;) Like I said we absolutely loved Barcelona, and if you ever go i'm sure you will love it too!
XOXO
Kassi



No comments:

Post a Comment